The Sports Performance Dentistry Association is comprised of a group of top dentist who are leaders in their field of performance dentistry who work together in support of elite athletes of all competitive sports.
- Sport performance minded leaders coming together to support their athletes implementing the most up to date science and technological advances in human physiology, function and strength training.
- Optimal alignment of the bodies structure, muscle physiology and neuro-muscular are key to physical, systemic and psychological improvement.
- They recognize that advanced computerized instrumentation (K7 kineseograph, Myotronics, Inc.) and Myomonitor TENS is a fundamental factor to objectively measure and quantify the athletes cranio-mandibular jaw relationship and physiology to enhance physical performance.
- Optimization of the masticatory system as it relates to head, neck, jaw joints and associated musculature effects athletic performance.
The Chan-Optimized Bite™ has been proven to be the most physiologically sound performance bite as reported and recognized among leaders in the field of performance sports guards. Other athletic group leaders and advocates all have recognized the Optimized Bite techniques and protocols to be scientifically valid within the Sports Dentistry community.
“All my athletes experience the advantages of the AG, what a great great innovated product, all backed by the people who set the standard for the
rest of the world with the Chan Optimized bite.” - John R Schaeffer Jr (Olympic Athlete Trainer – Winningfactor Training Center)
WHAT WE BELIVE:
Sports Performance Dentistry Association doctors have collaborated with Dr. Chan and Occlusion Connections teachings, training and certification programs for dentists and other dental professionals who wish to learn how to correctly fit a Chan Optimized Bite™ to provide their athlete clients with an Optimized Bite sports appliance.
- Dentists are the leaders, putting their athlete client first.
- This is a Dentist/leader focused organization that believes the dentist are the leaders who have a spirit of influence and expertise.
- The dentist/leader is empowered with confidence to take the lead – not to be followers and imitators.
- The dentist/leader puts themselves in the shoes of the athlete client – Attitude, spirit, heart, humble servant leadership.
- Being respectful of others, teachings, ideas and relationships.
- Being creators and developers to further enhance athletic sports combined with science and research – not just for financial gain.
VISION, MISSION AND GOALS:
- To present to all an opportunity and mechanism to the multitudes the value and appreciate how the finer changes in the “Bite” and jaw position effects the human physiologic responses.
- To show the world of athletes that Bite Optimization does matter in both stability, postural balance, agility, flexibility and endurance.
- To convey to the dental profession that a correct bite does impact and effect the complete muscuoskeletal occlusal system and the bodies posture.
- Encourage dentists to realize that the neuromuscular concepts are objectively measurable and scientifically verifiable.
- To increase public and dental professional awareness that computerized instrumentation is scientific and effective tools to objectively measure human physiologic health and muscle status.
- The Optimized Bite is the vehicle which makes Neuromuscular principles and concept real to the athlete and public – the sportsguards is the outward packaging that conveys the Optimized Bite science.
- Optimized-Bite™ is determined by the trained dentist/leader – the sportsguard does not take the bite or determine the bite.
- The Optimized Bite is what determines the Optimal Athletic Performance - a precise jaw position based on the principles of neuromuscular science that has been shown to enhance athletic performance.
To Read More:
We recognize the following certified and trained labs who have been trained in the Occlusion Connection teachings and sportguard and appliance designs recommend by this association.
SUPPORTING SPORTS GUARD COMPANIES: