Home | About OC | C.E. Masterclass Training | Course Schedule | Registration | Accommodations | About Dr. Chan | Study Club | Doctor Education | Patient Education | Vision | Research Group | Science | Orthodontics | Laboratory | Dr. Chan’s Articles | GNM Dentistry | Contact Us | Partners | Dr. Chan’s Blog Notes | Finding a GNM Dentist
Clayton A. Chan, DDS – Dentistry
An American Dentist, Founder/Director of OCCLUSION CONNECTIONS™ (2008 to present)
Clayton A. Chan, D.D.S. is a general dentist, clinician, teacher, world class educator, mentor and is considered by many to be the pre-eminent educator and authority on neuromuscular and Gneuromuscular (GNM) dental occlusion. His clinical knowledge and understanding on dental occlusion and its relationship to craniomandibular dysfunctions/TMD, orthodontic/orthopedic and complex restorative/prosthetic problems is what helps him convey a unique three fold clinical message to thousands of dentists, specialists, technicians and dental leaders nationally and internationally. His training and experience as a general dentist and dental laboratory technician along with training in the areas of gnathology, TMD, orthodontics and mastery of neuromuscular instrumentation has led him to convey a unique three-fold clinical message to dentists, specialists, technicians and dental leaders nationally and internationlly who are seeking clinical answers to their occlusal and diagnostic challenges.
- Dr. Chan has taught over 235 courses (over 468 days) of continued education since 2008 to the present.
- He has Lectured over 4,704 hours. Taught over 5,572 hours.
- He has given over 202 courses on the subjects related to dental occlusion, TMD, restorative, orthodontics and advanced electro-diagnostic instrumentation (K7 kineseograph, Myotronics).
He has presented to dentists from all over the world including the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, and Cambodia.
- TMD pain
- Masticatory dysfunction
- Temporomandibular derranagement
- Micro occlusal management
- Craniomandibular jaw functional testing
- Objective measurements and analysis of physiologic responses
- Esthetic craniomandibular restorative rehabilitation
Dr. Chan inspires and motivates dentists to take their practice to the next level, instilling in them the confidence, knowledge and skills necessary to go beyond traditional teachings and techniques of the profession. He is noted for his precision in dental occlusion, bite management and bite transfer techniques applying both the gnathologic and neuromuscular principles.
Dr. Chan coined the term “gneuromuscular” (GNM), being the first to pioneer a blending of both gnathic and neuromuscular occlusal concepts within the dental profession. Dr. Chan’s unrivaled expertise and experience have been acknowledged by dentists around the world seeking him out for help and guidance in Occlusion and its application in clinical dentistry. He is the originator of the Chan-Optimized Bite™.
His programs are packed with common sense information and practical clinical application for both new dentist and the very experienced dentist. He is the author of many articles on neuromuscular dentistry and dental occlusion. As founder and director of Occlusion Connections™, Dr. Chan has designed an eigth level occlusion curriculum plus and three orthodontic/orthopedic level curriculum that comprehensively trains and teaches dentists nationally and internationally to develop diagnostic and treatment skills to successfully address the occlusal problems they face in clinical practice.
Dr. Chan is the founder/director of Occlusion Connections (OC) in Las Vegas, NV, a Center for Gneuromuscular Dentistry and Orthopedic Advancement. OC is an advanced post-graduate training center for dentists focusing on training, educating and mentoring clinical dentists in techniques, protocols and methods. He offers his Master Class program comprised of 8 levels of curriculum, 3 levels of GNM orthodontics and other supportive training and clinical application of occlusion combined with the use of Myotronics K7 and TENS technologies.
- Dr. Chan was formerly invited to be the Director of Neuromuscular Dentistry at the Las Vegas Institute (LVI) in November 1999- July 2006 where he established the Jankelson neuromuscular occlusion and orthodontic teaching concepts and curriculum.
- He has been recognized and noted for being instrumental in introducing Myotronics K7 instrumentation and training program to LVI along with Dr. Robert Jankelson his mentor. Other well noted neuromuscular leaders and teachers as Dr. James Garry (foremost neuromuscular pioneer in upper air way obstruction in TMD), Dr. Gary Wolford recognized neuromuscular oral maxillo-facial surgeon who owns K7 along with other noted NM proponents as Dr. Norman Thomas (Professor Emeritus) were invited on behalf of Dr. Chan’s influential professional relationships with these prominent NM leaders, teachers, academicians and clinicians introducing each of them to the institute at that time.
- Dr. Chan resigned from the Las Vegas Institute (July 2006) due to philosophical differences in how the science, implementation and application of “neuromuscular” (NM) occlusal, K7 and J5 dental TENS concepts were being advocated and taught. He respectfully fulfilled a 2 year non-compete teaching contract with the institute that limited him from teaching, advocating and sharing his knowledge anywhere in the United States for the next 2 years.
- After the 2 years past (July 2008) he was encouraged by the Nevada State Board Dental Examiner and former President of the Nevada Dental Association to begin teaching once again. Because of this strong encouragement and the desire by many colleagues and dentists throughout the United States and Canada, Dr. Chan began to teach at Occlusion Connections, the Center for Gneuromuscular Dentistry and Orthopedic Advancement, Las Vegas, NV.
Dr. Clayton A. Chan is a trained gnathologist, who has combined expertise in both gnathology and neuromuscular approaches which is a rare combination of skills in the dental field to treat complex occlusal problems as well as handling difficult craniomandibular/ TMJ cervical dysfunction cases. He has expertise in treating full mouth rehabilitation problems using specialized equipment that provides objective documentation which requires advanced training and ability to interpret the CMS, EMG and ESG recordings for optimal results. His comprehensive diagnostic testing and analysis with his skills, years of experience, knowledge, understanding and judgement makes him qualified to treat this case.
He has achieved the following recognition awards and status:
- Fellowship (FICCMO) status with the International College of Craniomandibular Orthopedics,
- Mastership (MICCMO) status with the International College of Craniomandibular Orthopedics
- Fellowship (LVIF) status with the Las Vegas Institute
- Mastership (LVIM) status with the Las Vegas Institute
- Diplomat status with The College of Forensic Orthopedics (Dipl. CFO)
- Diplomat status with The American Board of Forensic Examiners (D.A.B.F.E.)
- Diplomat status with The American Board of Forensic Dentistry (D.A.B.F.D.)
- Diplomate status with The American Board of Forensic Medicine (D.A.B.F.M.)
He is a member of the American Dental Association (ADA), Nevada Dental Association (NDA), and California Dental Association (CDA) and Founding Member of the Appliance Therapy Practitioners Association (ATPA) a leading edge functional orthodontic organization.
Dr. Chan is proud graduate of the Loma Linda University, School of Dentistry in southern California.
Click to watch the VIDEO Interview with Dr. Clayton A. Chan:
- Dr. Clayton Chan or the Dental Investigator, Paolo Kalow – CEO Nimbyx & Evident Healthcare Software, Online Resource Center, December 19, 2016.
To Read More:
- Dr. Chan’s Short Biography
- More About Dr. Chan
- DR. CHAN’S INTERNATIONAL LECTURE & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT SCHEDULE
To learn more about Dr. Clayton A. Chan, please visit the following websites:
http://www.claytonchandds.com – Private practice website of Dr.Clayton A. Chan
- 9061 West Post Road, Las Vegas, NV 89148 U.S.A
- Office phone (702) 271-2950
- Jane Chan (Office Administrator) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
http://www.drclaytonchan.com – Note: this was the very first “Neuromuscular Dentistry” website historically posted on the internet in March 1999. At that time there was not one mention of the term “Neuromuscular” or “NMD” or “NM” or “Neuromuscular Dentistry” ever mentioned on the internet until this site was placed. From there we have observed and watched this term grow and evolve to this present day.
Copyright © 2022 Occlusion Connections™ All rights reserved.