Home | About OC | Continuing Education | Course Schedule | Registration | Accommodations | About Dr. Chan | Study Club | Doctor Education | Patient Education | Vision | Research Group | Science | Orthodontics | Laboratory | Dr. Chan’s Articles | GNM Dentistry | Contact Us
WHO ARE THE GNM DENTISTS?: OC Doctor Profile
Occlusion Connections (OC) has attracted a unique group of experienced dentist who have committed themselves to advanced learning and training. 86% of the dentists who attend OC are general practitioners who have been in practice dentistry between 11-21 years. 54% of the doctors who attend OC GNM* training have been practicing more than 21 years. OC dentists are in general very experienced clinicians prior to attending OC training.
- 3.5% of the doctors have been practicing between 1-5 years.
- 10.5% of the doctors have been practicing between 6-10 years.
- 31.6% of the doctors have been practicing between 11-20 years.
- 54.4% of the doctors have been practicing between 21 years and more.
Nearly every dentist who comes to OC for GNM training have had prior training and education in other occlusal philosophies including neuromuscular (NM) training. A large majority of these dentists already own K7 and low frequency TENS instrumentation and have been implementing these technologies in their practices.
The OC dentists are typically seasoned veterans in dentistry with lots of clinical experience, having trained at various institutions, postgraduate training programs and centers. It is these kinds of dentists who come to further their clinical skills, knowledge and understanding in the Gneuromuscular (GNM) approach because of the value they have come to realize. It is these occlusal concepts and principles that have made the most sense to them and their patients.
Practice Profile and Disciplines of Dentist Focus:
- 50% of OC trained dentist identified themselves as restorative, orthodontics and TMD practicing clinicians.
- 35% of identified themselves as restorative and TMD practicing clinicians.
- 10% of identified themselves in the practice of restorative dentistry only.
- 2% of OC dentists identified themselves as practicing restorative and orthodontics.
OC dentist who have focused their interest in restorative, orthodontics and TMD tend to be more experienced in treating the moderate to more complex TMD cases in general.
Not all GNM dentists are the same. That is a reality. Doctors who come to OC desire to understand and learn GNM. It does take practice and skills. They all learn that TMD and occlusion takes time, effort and attention to details. They are all learning that not all TMD is the same and that is a good thing.
Patients have to decide on what their level of needs are and which dentists are qualified to help them. All GNM dentists are moving in the right direction with the right approach that makes sense.
* GNM is a term blended discipline of both gnathologic (G) and neuromuscular (NM) principles.
Read more on:
9061 West Post Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89148 United States Telephone: (702) 271-2950
Leader in Gneuromuscular and Neuromuscular Dentistry