Home | About OC | Continuing Education | Course Schedule | Registration | Accommodations | About Dr. Chan | Study Club | Doctor Education | Patient Education | Vision | Research Group | Science | Orthodontics | Laboratory | Dr. Chan’s Articles | GNM Dentistry | Contact Us
THE OPTIMIZED BITE™ TRAINING
How important is position of head posture in the success of the Optimized Bite as it relates to Optimizing a TMD patients resolution or an athlete’s performance?
The answer below is based upon the teachings of Dr. Clayton Chan, whom elite athletic groups and practitioners have partnered with, for the execution of the scientific protocols and process of the OC’s BITE OPTIMIZATION process.
The Optimized Bite’s reason for success lies in the pure fact that it is based upon a head posture that is level with the horizon. When upper complex (upper head) is level, and the Optimized Bite provides that ideal relationship with the lower jaw / mandible, the positive effects of unleashing the body’s potential translates from the atlas and downward the spinal column, unleashing the whole cervical complex. Anything less than that Optimal position may lend to a temporary gain, but not for long.
“Regardless of the stance and or head position that each and every sport demands the body to perform, the Optimized Bite as we have been advocating will allow the body to deliver the necessary functions for optimal balance, flexibility and strength with the quality of resting states required for optimal performance.” – Clayton Chan, DDS
Our Optimized Bite™ training is systematic educational learning process that involves a foundational Level 1 training following Advanced Physiologic Principles of Occlusion and a more advanced Level 5 training to scientifically verify and document the process of Optimization.
- Enroll and complete OC Level 1 Course
- Understand the importance and why the Optimized Bite doctors use J5 Myomonitor TENS.
- Understand the foundational principles of “Building the Optimized Bite”.
- Learn how to use the K7 and get training.
- Enroll and complete the OC Level 5 Course
- Understand the advanced neuromuscular bite taking protocols and principles using the K7 kineseograph with simultaneous use of the J5 Myomonitor TENS.
- Refine your understand, skills and proficiency using instrumentation to document, prove and verify your Optimization Bite taking skills.
Optimizing the Bite is a scientifically verifiable process that is accurate to within 0.1-0.3 mm accuracy using TENs and K7 instrumentation. It is a scientific approach that uses objectively measured calibrated data to assist the operators in achieving the best maxillary to mandibular relationship possible.
Read more on:
- Chan Optimized Bite Dentistry
- ® Optimized Bite and the Chan Optimized Bite™ education and training – Leader in Bite Optimization
- Defining Gneuromuscular Dentistry
- Gneuromuscular vs.Neuromuscular Dentistry
- Who Are the GNM Dentists?
9061 West Post Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89148 United States Telephone: (702) 271-2950
Leader in Gneuromuscular and Neuromuscular Dentistry