Home | About OC | Continuing Education | Course Schedule | Registration | Accommodations | About Dr. Chan | Study Club | Doctor Education | Patient Education | Vision | Research Group | Science | Orthodontics | Laboratory | Dr. Chan’s Articles | GNM Dentistry | Contact Us
The key to any successful treatment is the level and attention to details. Consistent predictable results is what allows patients to experience the long over due relief from their agonizing pain. Being in a rush to find a quick solution will not lead to long term predictable results.
A thorough diagnosis takes the time to methodically address each area of the diagnostic work up in order to gain optimal results in the shortest recovery time possible.
The following is a proposed diagnostic work up
- History (Dental and Medical)
- Comprehensive Examination – Intra/ Extra Oral evaluation
- Musculoskeletal Evaluation including TMJ
- Radiographs – FMX, Panoramic, Lateral and Frontal Cephalograms, SMV, Corrected Cut Tomograms (CO, Rest, Max. Open, Myocentric), Lateral and AP Cervical Spine and Paranasal, CBCT imaging and or MRI as needed (static assessment tools).
- Diagnostic study cast models required
- Photographs (intra oral, intra oral)
- Neuromuscular Analysis: (Functional/dynamic recordings are correlated with static imaging data)
- Computerized Mandibular Scanning (CMS) – Scan 2, 3, 6, 8 and 13 (functional assessment).
- Electromyographic Anaylsis – EMG with low frequency TENS – Scans 9, 10, 11, 12 (resting assessment as well as functional and first tooth contact assessment).
- Electro-Sonographic Analysis – Scan 15, 16 (TMJ functional assessment)
- Computerized Myo-centric Bite Registration – Scan 4/5 (Optimized) – functional location assessment
- Diagnostic upper and lower model casts are mount on articulator in an Optimized physiologic relationship.
- Orthotic Therapy – Phase I (Stabilization diagnostic period 6-12 months or more)
- TMD, Restorative, Orthodontic/Orthopedic – Phase II (once patient is 3 months pain free and off all medications)
Read more on:
9061 West Post Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89148 United States Telephone: (702) 271-2950
Leader in Gneuromuscular and Neuromuscular Dentistry