Home | About OC | Continuing Education | Course Schedule | Registration | Accommodations | About Dr. Chan | Study Club | Doctor Education | Patient Education | Vision | Research Group | Science | Orthodontics | Laboratory | Dr. Chan’s Articles | GNM Dentistry | Contact Us
OC Fellowship Award OC Mastership Award OC Diplomate Award
OC Fellowship Award Recipients
The OCCLUSION CONNECTIONS™ (OC) Credentialing Board Awards dentists with valued achievement awards to those who have distinguished themselves in training competency, knowledge, skills and abilities in 3 distinctive disciplines:
- TMD Pain Management
- Restorative/Prosthetic Reconstruction
These awards represent a standardized verification process designed to distinguish a dentist’s competency, ability and insures a level of achieved qualifications among practitioners treating patients with musculoskeletal dysfunction of the head and neck. OC’s Recognition Program has acknowledged the need to maintain a high standard of competency and proficiency among OC’s doctors who implement comprehensive gneuromuscular (GNM) care. The OC Credentialing Board has established criteria, standards and means to evaluate a clinicians proficiency in achieving those desired goals. Occlusion Connections™ believes in awarding and recognizing dentist who have displayed discipline, advanced skills, and technical abilities above and beyond their peers.
Who Can Apply: All candidates who have met the criteria for each of these awards.
Why is Credentialing important to Occlusion Connections?
- It is a means to demonstrate a dentists commitment to their continued post graduate education competency and mastery at their highest levels of their knowledge, skills and abilities of all three disciplines.
- It is a key component in recognizing and maintaining OC’s alumni status as health care providers.
- OC is committed to awarding highly trained and skilled practitioners who are involved in an end-to-end process, starting with the dentist recruitment and continuing through peer review.
- OC’s awarding process is designed to help our dentist maintain their highest standards of professionalism, knowledge, abilities and a means to distinguish their achievements amongst their peers.
Credentialing Requirements includes:
- Completing the required OC training courses.
- Documented Cases Studies: The process of gathering complete diagnostic information and treatment provided to patients in the areas of TMD, restorative and orthodontic are a required part of this testing and examination process to prove clinical proficiency and effectiveness.
- Training Criteria: Verifying that each doctor falls within OC’s post continuing educational standards for Fellowship, Mastership and Diplomat status hours of continuing education for each of the awards are required to be within the past 3 recent years .
- Dental license is active and up to date, has not been suspended or revoked within the last five years, and is not currently under probation, suspension, or revocation.
Areas of Testing and Training includes:
- Advanced Principles of Physiologic Occlusion – Section 1 examination – validating the dentists’ comprehension and understanding of foundational principles of physiology, musculoskeletal occlusal diagnosis and clinical application of neuromuscular and gneuromuscular phase I stabilization protocols, validating clinicians ability to administer low frequency Myomonitor TENS optimization protocols..
- Advanced Diagnostic Principles – Section II examination – validating dentists’ comprehension and understanding of diagnostic data gathering and interpretation protocols.
- Advanced Treatment Planning – Section III examination – validating dentists’ comprehension and understanding of the 4 major TMD categories of NM challenges and foundational EMG diagnostic scan interpretation.
- Micro Occlusion – Section IV examination – validating dentists’ comprehension and understanding of occlusal anatomy, occlusal management and carving of an anatomical orthosis principles.
- Advanced NM Bite Refinement/K7 Scan Interpretation – Section V examination – validating dentists’ comprehension and understanding of mandibular postural optimization, mandibular trajectory protocols, K7 instrumentation management and key foundational knowledge of electromyography (EMG), computerized mandibular scanning (CMS – jaw tracking) and electrosonography (ESG) diagnostic and treatment scans, validating clinicians ability to administer K7 and low frequency Myomonitor TENS optimization protocols.
- Advanced Bite Management & Transfer – Section VI examination – validating dentists’ comprehension and understanding phase I orthotic and phase II restorative bite transfer protocols and principles.
- Advanced Micro Occlusion – Section VII examination – validating dentists’s comprehension and understanding of gnathologic and neuromuscular occlusal and TMD management protocols.
- Advanced Scan Interpretation – Section VIII examination – validating dentist’s comprehension and scan interpretation understanding of computerized mandibular scanning CMS – (jaw tracking), electromyography (EMG) and electrosonography (ESG).
- Fundamentals of Orthodontic and Dentofacial Orthopedics – Section IX examination – validating dentist’s comprehension and understanding of the concepts of dental orthopedic growth and development as well as the orthodontic tools and records.
- Initiation of Orthopedic and Orthodontic Treatment – Section X examination – validating dentist’s comprehension, understanding and clinical skills of diagnosis, treatment planning and effective management of the neuromuscular orthodontic/orthopedic case.
- Orthodontic and Orthopedic Mechanics I – Section XI examination – validating dentist’s comprehension and implementing orthodontic/orthopedic mechanics.
- Determining whether optimal knowledge and skills have been acquired to apply the GNM protocols and principles to a high standard of proficiency in the clinical environment.
The exam is offered by special arrangements prior to the OC Summit meetings.
The credentialing process is not a guarantee of any level of quality or service received from participating OC dentists. Participating dentists are independent practitioners in private or group practice and are neither agents nor employees of Occlusion Connections. The OC Credentialing Board mandates that the dentist’s professional competency and conduct is maintained and practiced to high standards.
9061 West Post Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89148 United States Telephone: (702) 271-2950
Leader in Gneuromuscular and Neuromuscular Dentistry