Home | About OC | Continuing Education | Course Schedule | Registration | Accommodations | About Dr. Chan | Study Club | Doctor Education | Patient Education | Vision | Research Group | Science | Orthodontics | Laboratory | Dr. Chan’s Articles | GNM Dentistry | Contact Us | Partners | Dr. Chan’s Blogs
Did your dental school train you well in occlusion?
Less than 1% of practicing dentists in North America have the ability, skills to treat, recognize and see the occlusal/ TMJ problems. A very small number of dentists are able to TREAT the masticatory dysfunctions, pains and joint derrangment problems that are prevalent in the every dental office today. (151,500 practicing dentists, U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17).
An improper relationship of the lower jaw to the cranium can result in many medical symptoms.
- Cervical, neck and shoulder pains
- Temporomandibular Joint problems – displaced discs, limited mouth opening problems
- Crowding teeth and mal-aligned teeth causing posterior jaw closure patterns.
- Anterior open bite relapse problems.
- Over closed bites.
- Tender muscles upon palpation.
- Upper airway obstruction problems.
- Toothaches are often due to abnormal occlusal forces. Root canaling a tooth does not rid the underlying problems.
Do you ignore them or address these issues and more….?
80% of practicing dentist restore, reconstruct, replace, redo, alter, extract, maintain their patients teeth with limited understanding of the bio-physiology of occlusion. Limited understanding in diagnosis, TMD and occlusal issues results in a huge missed opportunity to getting patients actually healthy. Most dental patients with musculoskeletal occlusal symptoms go unrecognized by dentists within our profession as every day occurrence of unrealized managed neglect. This should NOT BE the standard of care. Our patients deserve better…this is not right!
HOW DO YOU HANDLE THESE PROBLEMS AS A COMPREHENSIVE DENTIST IN A CONSERVATIVE AND EFFECTIVE WAY?
- I am inviting all interested dentist who are sick and tired of doing the same old same old everyday dentistry – Interested in Changing?
- Make plans NOW, commit to yourself if you want to change and learn something that makes sense and will enhance your way you see dentistry.
- Register for OC Level 1 course with me (Clayton A. Chan, DDS) to see dentistry from a different perspective – to make dentistry more meaningful and fulfilling.
Email Jane (OC office administrator): email@example.com
Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.
Read, Get Trained and Prepare Yourself:
- Dentist Education
- 80% Dentists vs. Finding the 1% Expert Dentist
- 5 KEY PRINCIPLES OF PHYSIOLOGIC OCCLUSION
- Who are the GNM Dentists?
9061 West Post Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89148 United States Telephone: (702) 271-2950
Leader in Gneuromuscular and Neuromuscular Dentistry
Copyright © 2016 Occlusion Connections™ All rights reserved.